Private Mental Healthcare in Surrey
Congratulations on finding this website. Hopefully this will be your first step in getting the help you need.
Dr Paul Loughlin has over 20 years of experience treating a wide range of psychological problems in adults especially:
Some important facts about mental health problems
- They are just as real and important as physical illnesses
- Many of them do in fact have physical causes
- Some can affect a person's physical health
- They are very common
- Many people will have some form of psychiatric condition during their life
- They are very treatable and in most cases people can, and will, get better
- Thankfully the public is becoming better educated and more understanding
- Getting treatment early is really important to speed up the time to recovery
Dr Loughlin's approach to treatment
- Holistic, and not focussed just on a diagnosis
- Working in partnership with patients with respect and empathy
- Ensuring sensitivity to the cultural diversity of patients
- Being non-judgmental
- Providing a completely confidential service
- Recommending psychological treatment before medication when safe to do so
- Working with a small number of highly experienced and trusted psychologists
- Always aiming for patients to make a complete recovery
About Dr Paul Loughlin
- Dr Loughlin graduated in Medicine from St. Bartholomew's Hospital, University of London in 1992
- He became a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in 1997
- He is on the GMC specialist register for General Adult and Old Age Psychiatry
- Dr Loughlin worked as a consultant psychiatrist for Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust from 2001 until 2015
- He is has been in private practise in Berkshire and Surrey since 2002 and in full-time private practice from 2015
- He is a member of the following organisations
- Royal College of Psychiatrists
- British Association for Psychopharmacology
- Expert Witness Institute
- The Independant Doctors Federation
Dr Loughlin also consults in Farnham, Walton, West Byfleet and Guildford.
"We are so grateful to you for all the care you gave me. I have made a miraculous recovery."
Ms. D Oxfordshire
"I feel more than fortunate that I was introduced to you for this particular problem and I am grateful for your guidance and attention to my needs along the way."
Mr R Hertfordshire
"My husband has made a big improvement since you changed the drugs and we are hoping for a much happier New Year."
Mrs T, Berkshire
"I am fortunate to have you as a psychiatrist. You have also been a friend and family member. Thank you for helping me to live again."
Mr S, Middlesex
"In 1966 my then doctor told me to see a well known Harley Street Psychiatrist who said it (medication treatment) would "revolutionise" my life. For over 30 years it did. You have done the same thing. I feel great. Thank you for your kindness."
Mrs B, Berkshire